This article explains how to create Response Templates and then add them to your Smart Templates.
Response Templates enable your patients to respond to a message that you have sent them, i.e. to decline a flu vaccine. Adding a response template to a Smart Template also allows you to code responses received in a Now/Reply or Batch Message.
Response Templates can be added to Smart messages, and appear as questions and answers like the example below:
On this page:
- Creating a Response Template
- Editing a Response Template
- Adding a Response Template to a Smart Template
Creating a Response Template
- From the Home Page of Mjog, click Settings:
- Select Messages:
- Click Change my response templates:
- Select a category to add your new response template to from the left of the page. If you are unsure, select the <Ungrouped> category to start with; you can always change a response template's category later:
- Enter a name for your Response Template. In this example, type in “My Flu Response Template”, and then click Add:
Editing a Response Template
Once you have created a response template, you can now add the question and responses to it.
- Click Edit to edit your Response Template:
The next screen allows you to type in your question, and then add the possible responses to it.
- Type your question in the box shown below. In this example, type: Do you want to have this vaccination?:
- Under Possible Responses, you will enter all the possible responses. In this example, type: I do not want the vaccination / Decline into both the Smart Answer and Text Answer boxes:
Note: At this point if you were creating a question that require more responses, you would click Add Option, and then add your next response.
- Click Save Changes:
You will be returned to the Response Templates screen.
Adding a Response Template to a Smart Template
Once you have created your Response Template, you can then apply it to your Smart Template.
To insert a response template:
- Navigate back to your template and click Edit:
- Click outside of your template as shown below:
- On the toolbar, click Add Response Template:
- Select your response template from the drop-down menu:
- Click Preview to now see your Smart Template in its entirety:
- Click Save Changes: